Performing | Teen Ink

Performing

November 26, 2007
By Anonymous

I love to sing, dance, act, write and listen to music. Although they are all my natural high, I’m only going to tell you about one of them. A natural high is what makes you happy, it keeps you away from harmful things and also it is what makes you who you are. Acting makes me happy. It also keeps me away from drugs, alcohol, and everything illegal. Acting is what I would call being able to be someone else without changing who you really are.
Acting makes me feel beatific, and makes me feel free. When I am up on the stage acting I feel like that person, I don’t feel like myself. It makes me forget about all my problems, and it makes me forget what is real. I feel like I am the person that I play as, so I have her problems, and her reality. Acting is apart of my life. If I did not have the chance to act I probably would not be as happy as I am.
Acting is my natural high and it keeps me away from drugs because I need to be able to memorize my lines. If I did drugs it could affect my memory, and drugs could also affect the people on the stage or even in the crowd. Drugs affect your memory and it affects everything around you. I love acting and I do not want to ruin my life, so I stay away from drugs. I also do not want to make it where I can not act or do anything I love.