7 Wonders of The World | Teen Ink

7 Wonders of The World

By Tyler_Tyger BRONZE, Victoria, Other
Tyler_Tyger BRONZE, Victoria, Other

Life without a friend, is like death without a witness.

Some people believe that the seven wonders of the world are places or items. Places like the Eiffel Tower or the Great Pyramids of Giza, or items such as your cell phone, or computer. Well, those are the dull people, and guess what...They’re wrong.

The True wonders of the world aren’t material items. They cant be made from steel, or stone, and they aren’t gizmos and gadgets you can buy. The true seven wonders of the world are a matter-o-fact, every day things, and by things I mean feelings, emotions, senses.

The first wonder of the world is to see. Yup, to see. It’s something we take for granted everyday. Imagine if you couldn’t do something as easily as seeing how could you use your wonderful phone or even see the Great Pyramids. Imagine if your were blind, take a minute, cover your eyes, and try to do something you do everyday. No peeking! Was it as simple as you thought? Try playing football or use your wondrous phone when your blind...Good luck. To see is to live.

The second wonder of the world is yup you guessed it! To hear. Sure you may think you can live without hearing, and in-fact, you can! We have thousands of people deaf right now, even my grandma is starting to go deaf. Imagine, if your ears broke. If you couldn’t hear anymore. I don’t know about you but not being able to listen to music would suck. Music has shaped our culture in so many ways its wonderful! I personally like all types of music. Wouldn’t you miss your mothers voice? Not the high pitched one she uses to get you to do your chores, but the soft, gentle one she would use when you were little. The one she would use to tuck you in at night, or when you were sick and she would be at your bedside comforting you. I know I would miss it. To Hear is to live.

The third wonder of the world is to touch. Now when I say to touch, I do not mean to feel, do not be mistaken. To touch is to physically feel the snow, or the warm rain tickle your skin in the early spring. It is to touch your mothers face when your 3months old and say, “I Love You” and to make sure she knows you mean it, even when your a teen and your mad at her for not letting you go to a party, or hang out with friends. To touch is to hold your girlfriend/boyfriends hand. It’s to kiss. It’s to hug. It’s to touch someone heart. To touch is to live.

The fourth wonder of the world is to taste. To taste the chocolate on Valentine's Day. To taste your sweat after a long hard workout. To taste the chlorine in a pool. The fresh cuisine you just ordered. The salt in the ocean. The lip gloss from your girlfriend. To taste is to live.

The fifth wonder of the world is to feel. To feel is to cry. It’s to Be mad, or happy. It’s to feel warm and fuzzy when you see your crush, when your heart start to pump furiously in your chest as if it is to explode. To feel is to have emotions, and to have emotions is to feel. To feel is to live.

The Sixth wonder of the word is to Laugh. Have you ever laughed, and been sad? I don’t think its possible, even if your crying, and you laugh for one-second, it was because it was pure joy. Even if right after you start crying again, you were happy for one-second. For this reason laughing is the sixth wonder, To laugh is to live

The seventh wonder of the world is...To Love... Probably the best, which is why I have it as the last. For this one, i don’t have much to say. Because to love, is to live, and to live is the seven wonders of the world.

I wrote this piece to inspire others to think more about things we take for granted.