Extra, Extra! Gleeks Know All About It! | Teen Ink

Extra, Extra! Gleeks Know All About It!

By thatbandsfan BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
thatbandsfan BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

"Bullies are like sandpaper. They may cut and scratch you, but in the end we wind up polished they wind up useless."
-Kurt Hummel, "Glee"

Glee's back for its fourth season with a beautiful new cast member named Blake Jenner! As you die-hard “Gleeks” know, he scored this killer role by winning The Glee Project: Season Two. To win the competition he sang “I'll Be” by Edward McCain for the finale. After covering the song, he recited a beautiful, original, heartfelt, and some what humorous poem he wrote the night before. However, before we get to the present, let's go back in time. A few years ago, Blake relocated from Miami to LA to “persist in his path” of becoming an actor. In order to move, he completed his Senior year of high school online a year early. Like all parents would be, his were hesitant. Blake states “They were like 'Oh I don't know. You should wait until you're like 25.'” Now let's come back to the present. Jenner currently portrays Ryder Lynn, the not-so-typical jock with a heart of gold and an even better voice, on “Glee.” He will supposedly be “replacing Finn in the series” since Finn graduated last season. In the latest installment of the series, “Dynamic Duets,” Ryder was diagnosed with dyslexia. While explaining his thoughts to Finn, he broke down into a pool of tears wondering what his highly educated parents would say. This role is similar to Blake's own high school experience. “So you are the real life Finn,” one interviewer stated to which he agreed. I know I'm looking forward to getting to know this sexy actor and his story this season, what about you?

Blake Jenner is my new favorite character, so I felt it only nessacary to write an article about him! Let me know what you think!