Reflections about the Reflector | Teen Ink

Reflections about the Reflector

By Hamzawaseem GOLD, Lahore, Other
Hamzawaseem GOLD, Lahore, Other

"The important thing is not to stop questioning." ~Einstein

Almost everyone is familiar with a portion of glass having a lustrous metallic back- that never lies- called a mirror. It is the pith and marrow of dressing rooms and an indispensable part of restrooms. It may be hung on walls or carried in pockets along with a hair-comb. It often gets lucky enough to conquer a site in soft, delicate and somewhat cozy handbags accompanying glamorous ladies. It’s really a challenge to find someone as sincere as a humble mirror. It hadn’t even lied in front of threatening force of the witch in the eminent fairytale of the beautiful snow-white. No matter how you treat it, it is always as amiable as possible. It can be big and it can be small. It grows with you. It smiles when you smile. It cries when you cry. It has a wide and varied range of employments. It is used in reflecting telescopes. Teenagers are unknowingly fanatic about it. For instance, teen girls spend hours in front of it to groom and beautify themselves in order to be flamboyant. The boys of present era are no different from such princesses. Mirrors may even be used to hide cracks on walls. They are a boon for magicians, especially illusionists. They create captivating effects using combination of different mirrors. In a nutshell, we can say that mirrors play a quintessential role in our lives.

A random topic that sparked up in my gray cells...

x_rbdf GOLD said...
x_rbdf GOLD, Augusta, Georgia

He who faces give no light shall never become a star

Toats Brill-Brill

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Well That article caught me by surprise...And before anything might I just add: You are quite the Mr. Popular around here huh? I only got the notification yesterday and I check this out and you already have a ton of comments up your doorstep... :D  Hm.. Okay firstly I like your vocab, Loved the fact that you used the word "quintessential" ! And my fav line was when you said: " the boys of present era are no different from such princesses" no offense meant..just cause that one made me laugh the hardest....And yes, we girls do spend  lot of time in front of mirrors,,..that's cause we're just too captivated by our own selves...LOL ahhaha that didn't make a lick of sense right? Just it's true....  And overall beautifully put. I like this.

- Maya Angelou

Hanban12 ELITE said...
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

aww i love it! sooooo true!!

BellaVolcove said...
thats really great and true. i loved it.

Steven_Hyde GOLD, Auburn, New York

"Just Do It"
- Nike
"An eye for an eye only makes the world blind"
- Ghandi

It's good!!

I_love_you_ said...
I_love_you_, Kenova, West Virginia
:)  

compassion GOLD, Nowhere, Other

Expect to have hope rekindled,expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways! The dry seasons in life do not last,the spring rains will come again.

This is like my personal fav from you! Every line is so creavtively written. I especially loved the line 'it often gets lucky enough.......'

Fallen_ PLATINUM, Quakertown, Pennsylvania

" a shattered world is only an opening into a new beginning with laughs, smiles, and love all around enter the world of the light and away from the broken darkness"

It's really a challenge to find someone more sincere then a humble mirror... nice idea and word choice :3

PriyaModi BRONZE, Indore, Other

I like the way i am,need no transformation,,,LOVE LIFE.

Mirror never lies,it shows our virtual and erect image..u perfectly worded the mirror..nice1

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

I like how this got poetic in the middle " it smiles when u smile and cries when u cry"..... Great idea, and nice message!! XD

PoetLaureate274 PLATINUM, Manitowoc, Wisconsin

"You have not even begun to scratch the surface of how important your life means to not only me, [y]our friends and [y]our family, but your life, which is a gift for the world that is waiting for you." - Brent Smith.

very true and very amazing writing about such a simple concept. found myself nodding along and agreeing with every point. even though sometimes that can be a bad thing, your writing still kept me engaged throughout the entire essay. 5/5