Cyber Bullying | Teen Ink

Cyber Bullying

Bullying has been an issue since before anyone can remember. With recent technology however, bullying has become easier to “get away with”. Now all you have to do to make someone feel less of themselves is click your thumbs on a keyboard and hit send. Before bullying was only face to face and everyone could see it. Now people feel like they have more power because they can hide behind social media sites and texting. You don’t even have to see the person to absolutely tear them down. Cyber bullying needs to stop. People need to stop hiding behind their screens. It is causing them to say things that they would never even think of saying to someone’s face. Bullying in general has caused so many lives to be lost. No one realizes the effects of what they say in 140 characters or comments on pictures. If you wouldn’t want it said to you, then chances are you shouldn’t say it at all. Everyone needs to think before they hit send or post. What you say behind your screen name is real life. People are affected. Your screen name doesn’t make you invincible. So think, and re-think before you post. You could be saving someone’s day, or someone’s life.