Drunk driving. | Teen Ink

Drunk driving.

Over the years of my life I have been not only hit by a drunk driver but witnessed a lot of really bad accidents. Being in high school I know about a lot of party’s that people I know have been in bad situations that are caused by drunk driving. It happens not only in high school and college age people, but also peoples parents. Why would anyone human being be so arrogant to think it’s okay when terrible things can happen. People don’t realize that you’re not only putting your life at risk but anyone else around you. It’s not fair for a drunken person to put innocent peoples life’s at risk. In Minnesota alone we have thousands of people get in accident from drunk driving. Many of these accidents do result in people badly injured or even death. Especially around this time of year there will be big holiday parties. People go to these parties and drink and don’t even think that they can’t drive because they are just having a few but no, that doesn’t make it okay. Next time your or someone you know is about to drive drunk just stop them and find a safe or a better solution. Nothing good happens from drunk driving you will either get a DUI and put in jail or risk people’s lives. You never know when stopping someone from driving intoxicated, even a short distance can save someone’s life.

Sincerely, Joe M