Script Frenzy | Teen Ink

Script Frenzy

By EmilyLupfer GOLD, Tallahassee, Florida
EmilyLupfer GOLD, Tallahassee, Florida

On the first of April obnoxious teenagers, stressed adults, nice old people, cute kids, and friendly elephants will sit down in front of their computers. They each share the same goal, the same common purpose. What could all of these people, so different in ages, be after? To be one of the few and one of the proud that can call themselves script writers.

Script Frenzy is a program that encourages participants to write a 100 page script in a mere thirty days during the month of April. You start on the first of the month, and can write up until midnight on April 30th when the contest is closed. Anyone and everyone who has submitted their masterpiece to Script Frenzy's page counting goons (No worries ' scripts can be scrambled so you have no fear of stolen work.) by this time can proudly join the ranks as being known forevermore as a script writer.

No, no, there aren't any cash rewards or prizes consisting of trips to a mosquito-infected 'paradise'. The reward is pride, a great feeling of accomplishment, and, most importantly, bragging rights. How many people can say that they wrote 100 pages of script (Which will translate to approximately 100 minutes on screen or stage.) in one month's time? This, my friends, is something you can rub in people's faces for all eternity. In addition, you will receive an awesome printable certificate which is also useful for rubbing in people's faces.

It doesn't matter what type of script you choose to write. It can be formatted as a stage play, a television script, or even a screenplay. The mysterious people behind Script Frenzy even make it easier for you by allowing you to write multiple scripts. They just have to add up to a minimum of the 100 page count.

What? You don't know the first thing about writing scripts? No problem. Script Frenzy's website includes links to websites where you can download free script-writing software so everything looks professional and is formatted perfectly. They also include resources to teach you how to get your brilliance down on paper. All you need is a creative plot idea, some sugar, and a little faith to get through the month and complete your goal.

I hope I have successfully aroused your inner writer and encouraged you to join the ranks of brave Script Frenzy participants. I know how I will be spending my free time this April, and I hope you will unite with me and the other script writing hopefuls in this awesome program.

Sources:
http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/

BroadwayBaby92 GOLD, Punta Gorda, Florida

"Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore."
— Lady Gaga

Omg! I totally love the article Em! Especially the part about winning a prize to some "mosiquito infected 'paradise'" lol. Great article!

Kaitlynn GOLD said...
Kaitlynn GOLD, Newberry, Florida
Haha, I love this article. Well written and informative. I for one will be joining you in April for this event! :D