Weimaraner | Teen Ink

Weimaraner

By Beneaththeskyfan1 GOLD, Sherman, Illinois
Beneaththeskyfan1 GOLD, Sherman, Illinois

I think a Weimaraner would be the best pet to have. You can get a Weimaraner anywhere such as the APL (Animal Protective League), the ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), the pound, or a mall. A Weimaraner is a dog that has been bred for hunting and was bred in Germany. It can have a silvery-gray coat or a really dark blue coat. Some reasons why I think a Weimaraner would make the best pet are that it can make your day fun, it is mostly pretty easy to take care of, and it can be good company.
As I said before, a Weimaraner is fun to be around any time of the day. A Weimaraner is very playful and rarely shows fear. It will play with you any time of the day that you want. Throw a ball and they'll go get it and bring it back. Throw a Frisbee and they'll do the same thing. If you're a hunter it might just bring back to you the catch of the day. It also is not afraid to express its feelings around other people if it's wanting to play with someone.
It is mostly easy to take care of because a Weimaraner doesn't need much grooming at all. It needs exercise at least once every week. It will need a bath at least every two months. It will need quite a bit of training such as house breaking, agility, obedience, and show training if you're going to show a Weimaraner. It will need some living requirements such as a dog door, a fenced in yard, toys to keep it occupied, and dog food. A Weimaraner needs to be fed at least three times a day, in the morning, in the afternoon, and in the evening.
A Weimaraner makes good company whenever somebody might be off on their own and living by themselves. If somebody is homeless, they might need a companion or a friend such as a Weimaraner. Whenever somebody might be bored a lot then they need a Weimaraner also. Some things that somebody might say are that some Weimaraners might be mean. They might also say that a Weimaraner is too much money.
I agree, they do cost a lot of money. I'll disagree if they say that a Weimaraner is mean. A Weimaraner would be the best pet to have because it is fun to be around, it is mostly easy to take care of, and it is a good company to have around. I used to have two Weimaraners, but one has passed away. The one that passed away had a silvery-gray coat. The one that we still have has a dark blue coat.