Whoopi! | Teen Ink

Whoopi! MAG

By Lindsay Kronengold BRONZE, Jericho, New York
Lindsay Kronengold BRONZE, Jericho, New York

On February 14th, I had the chance of a lifetime. I knew that Whoopi Goldberg was a very special person and an accomplished actor, but I never expected her to be such an open and insightful person.

Before the interview, we waited anxiously in a small classroom at Emerson College. I did not know how she would react, or if she would even know why we were there. When Whoopi came in, there was a warm and friendly feeling from the start. She actually wanted to know about each of us, what we had done to bring us here, and asked about our backgrounds. I thought the interview would concentrate on her when in fact it began with us.

The best part of the day was hearing what Whoopi had to say. She took the time to connect with each of us in a special way. In addition to being extremely personable, she was deeply profound. She answered our questions honestly and from the heart with no topic off-limits.

When the interview was over, she wrote each of us a special note. Then, Whoopi asked us to sign our piece of writing. I could not believe that I was actually signing something for Whoopi Goldberg. It seemed ironic that the first time I ever signed an autograph, it was for a celebrity!

The time I spent with Whoopi Goldberg was inspiring. I have contemplated everything she said and know I learned a great deal from her. She offered us many thought-provoking opinions about life. The funny thing is, I think she learned a lot from me and the other students, too. This experience enabled me to believe that an intelligent and honest person with a kind and thoughtful nature can achieve success and fame.

Thank you, Whoopi Goldberg, and thank you, Teen Ink!

hehehehehheheh.this was ku

Ralph said...
What an honest and great person for being able to have time to meet with you.

singergurl12 GOLD, Jacksonville, Florida

Fairy tales are true, not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.

well dont i just hate you! lucky! lol!

collegegirladventures GOLD, Mequon, Wisconsin

A poet's work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world, and stop it going to sleep.

~Salman Rushdie

getting advice from whoopi goldberg....signing something for her...meeying her in person........lucky you!!

Zazawish777 GOLD, KC, MO, Missouri

life isn't passing me by, it's trying to run me over!

same! it was awesome.  also she used to be an actress on Star Trec the next generation! lol

emmaxoxo said...
me too!!! she waz sooo funny in the movie 'Ghost'. she is amazing

Zazawish777 GOLD, KC, MO, Missouri

kool. nice. i love woopi! go VIEW

boston418 SILVER, Weymouth, Massachusetts

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." -Jim Eliot

she was at Emerson? Cool! I live near there... .it's one of my top schools :)

EdytD SILVER said...
EdytD SILVER, Livingston, New Jersey
It must have been great. But if you are writing about an interview, where's what whoopi says to you? you say that she listened to your questions, but what about the answers?

Payton SILVER said...
Payton SILVER, Howells, Nebraska

Be yourself because that's whats really cool.

wow thats kool.

Kevin Horan said...
Kevin Horan, Bettendorf, Iowa
cool nice

~~~~~~~I REALLY THINK THIS IS COOOOOOOOOLLLLL AND YOUR AWSOME!!!!!;)~~~~~~~~~

I am sorry, truly, but Whoopi Goldberg is one of the most absurd people on TV. On The View she has no clue what she is talking about (well none of the people on The View know what they are talking about). I understand your opinion on her, but she is horrible.

dana12345678 said...
kewl k00l kuhl cuhl

jb said...
this is so kool