Mrs. Carnell | Teen Ink

Mrs. Carnell

By 41writer BRONZE, Nashotah, Wisconsin
41writer BRONZE, Nashotah, Wisconsin

My first year at Arrowhead High School, I was nervous about meeting new people, but Mrs. Carnell welcomed me into her classroom with the sweetest smile. From that day, I could tell we were going to have a special bond. 

Mrs. Carnell, the most kind-hearted soul, takes time to work with students who need extra help. She’s a teacher of the CASS Program, a program that helps students catch up. I hope she understands how much the program meant to me and how helpful it was. 

Not only does Mrs. Carnell care about my education, but she also cares about my feelings too. I have never had a teacher who cared about my home life as much as Mrs. Carnell. “How are you?” She asks, listening and remembering everything. Having a teacher to rely on like Mrs. Carnell is truly special.

Taking time from her busy schedule, Mrs. Carnell reads all my work. She comments on my writing, helping me improve, encouraging me to succeed––to do my best, pushing me to do great things. 

Being in Mrs. Carnell’s class for three years, she became like a mother to me. She helped me through hard times, in and outside of school. Not only is Mrs. Carnell a teacher, but she is also a mother to three boys and an advisor for the Writing Club. 

One day Channel 12 news reporters filled Mrs. Carnell's Study Skills class to recognize her as “May’s Top Teacher.” Mrs. Carnell isn’t just May’s top teacher, but she is my top teacher every month. 

She spends extra time with me to catch up, hours after school to make sure I am happy. She tells crazy stories about going to prom, her family, and her new dog. 

I am forever grateful Mrs. Carnell was a part of my life. Thank you, Mrs. Carnell, for being the most fair, forgiving, and fabulous teacher. I appreciate you so much!