Mr. Stuber | Teen Ink

Mr. Stuber

By PiyaMarschalek SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
PiyaMarschalek SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

To the teacher who told me to keep going 

The end of freshman year and throughout my sophomore year was the worst years of my life. It was my rock bottom. I tried committing suicide many times my depression and anxiety were at an all-time high. Having the mindset that It would be better for everyone if I was gone. I truly believed that. I was rotting away in my rotting bedroom of filth. The school became a war ground for me, trying to keep my head above water just to live another day. I dreaded going anywhere except my room. I met you at the worst time of my life, my rock bottom but yet you stayed and for that I thank you. 

I would like to Thank Mr. Stuber for saving my life without his kindness. I don't think I would be here writing this letter if not for him. Mr. Stuber is a Guidance counselor at Arrowhead High School's south campus. All tho I was not his student assigned to him He took his time to take me under his wing to guide me in the right direction he is the place where I could let my guard down I remember going to his office and talking to him many times but this one talk I had with him will always stick out. I will never forget what he said to me that day.. He said “ Piya you are so strong I don't think I would survive living in your shoes. You are so strong for living this long, you're a special girl. I can see many great things in you so let’s try one more day, one more day.” You have inspired me to be more than a rotting corpse in my bedroom. You have given me the strength to ask for the help I so desperately needed. About 3 weeks into summer break You have given me a new mindset in life. You helped me find the will to live again. Thanks to you I’m finally ready to start my healing journey again I’m excited to see what life can give me and all the achievements that life will give me  

Mr. Stuber I thank you for saving my life and always being nice to me (even when I might of not been to nicest to you at times) thanks for putting up with my bullsh*t 

With lots if gratitude Piya Marschalek