Mrs. Hassler | Teen Ink

Mrs. Hassler

By Reincarnate-forever SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Reincarnate-forever SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

I am who I am, this is what we are, I don't care if this offends you, or your worthless god."

Always getting my named called in math, getting the answers wrong or just not answering them, always failing, feeling  scared that  I wouldn’t pass this grade, I always hated math because I was never good at it but that all changed when I entered my 11th grade Ext. Math class, I was greeted by a lady, Which brought a smile to my face right away,maybe math isn't going to be bad afterall right?
So I sat down and looked around only 7 kids in my class. The lady stood up in the front of the class and said “My name is Mrs. Hassler” I zoned out for a sec and thought wait my brother was talking about her and said give her all your attention and be nice, Mrs. Hassler  told us that we wouldn't be getting any homework because it was easy and if we don't finish it then it would be homework. I was getting excited this year will be a good year no homework and shes so nice, and the best part is that this class is so small. Mrs. Hassler Has helped me so much I am now passing math and she helps me every way possible. She takes her time and money to help us learn better she gives us fun projects that we love to do, she even involves food in the project sometimes , She is a loving wife and mother and best of all I can call her my friend, she always greets me in the hallway, she brings a big smile to my face. She almost feels more than friend, I think of her like family, I have the greatest connection with her. I have never thought I would love math and enjoy it so much. But I do have to say Mrs. Hassler has made my math skills much higher than they ever where , I may not be perfect at it but I am at least a B average math student now. Mrs. Hassler was the one teacher to keep me awake and motivated. I’m happy to know that there are a few teachers in this world who want their students to be involved. I enjoy every moment of her class because she encourages me everyday to try harder and not give up, she gave help when I needed it. But best of all Mrs. Hassler understood my needs and she became my friend.

Written for the one math teacher who changed my math skill life!