Music Teacher | Teen Ink

Music Teacher

January 27, 2009
By Hayley Morse BRONZE, Boise, Idaho
Hayley Morse BRONZE, Boise, Idaho
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I go to Junior High and I cannot say much about it except that they really care about education. Of course, I care about it as much as the next person does (or random student here at school), but most of the stuff we learn here, is stuff that we would use in force. Like math or science, I would not even think of doing that out of fun. I would only use that in a career that I may have one day. The one class I would do fun night and day is choir, which brings my attention to the choir teacher at South.
Better recognized as Ms. Kaye, her first year was 2008-2009. It was my first year as well. My first day, I had her third period. After math, I pulled out my map of the school. Ok, here I go. I go down the stairs and past the office to get to choir.
I opened the door and she greeted me with a smile that was too big for the average human's face. Clearly, she was thrilled to be here.
Of course, that is exactly what she always makes me feel like. We can sing and learn the history and proud meaning of each song.

A class where I am able to express and sing at the same time? That is alright with me. All I wanted is exactly that. To sing with a teacher who is willing even with the most difficult students ever.

She is the Super Solfege Sun of Happiness that shines down on her student's to let their voices grow. In her class, she teaches us the main instrument of music. The piano. She is a very good teacher. I am very happy to have her.
'I love to hear a choir. I love the humanity to see the faces of real people devoting themselves to a piece of music. I like the teamwork. It makes me feel optimistic about the human race when I see them cooperating like that.' Paul McCartney once said. I can stand up for everyone in choir and agree with it. Ms. Kaye works very hard to keep us together and we work very hard to show her that we can do it. Without her, their wouldn't be a music class here. Thank you, Kelly Kaye.