The King Of Pop Still Lives On! | Teen Ink

The King Of Pop Still Lives On!

June 29, 2009
By joseph101 BRONZE, Blountville, Tennessee
joseph101 BRONZE, Blountville, Tennessee
4 articles 2 photos 0 comments

You may know him as the small lead singer of the Jackson 5, or the man who gave your heart rhythm and a beat to move on, but Michael Jackson is categorized as the King Of Pop, and possibly the best artist of our time. He started out with songs like "ABC" and "I'll Be There", and grew into the songs like "Thriller","Billie Jean", "Beat It", and "Smooth Criminal". He is in the Guinness Book of world records for holding the best selling album of all time! And to top it all off, he's been inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, TWICE! With every good success it seems that there is some type of controversy right beside it. Yes, Michael Jackson was also charged for child molestation, but was found not guilty, and yes he did have plastic surgery. If he could be known for only one thing, and one thing only, I'm sure it would be the legacy of his music. He was getting trained to go back on tour when he went into cardiac arrest. It still blows my mind that his personal doctor, who was in the house with him, conducted CPR while he was on the bed... Usually CPR is done on the floor. I believe Jackson will be missed by the world, but his music will live on. So don't be afraid to listen to his music, celebrate the life he had, and pray for his family as they continue life without him. His children are the family's #1 priority and that is what we must pray for.