My Something Beautiful | Teen Ink

My Something Beautiful

October 7, 2009
By Son`ador SILVER, Hamilton, Other
Son`ador SILVER, Hamilton, Other
8 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We all mess up sometimes,but if we make a conscious effort to do good more times than not, we'll be doing life right."
Stephanie Perry Moore

Life sucks, and then you die!!
-Anonymous-


Everybody should have something Beautiful in their life. My something beautiful is my big brother. This is my something beautiful because of his story and who he was. He was the sweetest little boy. All the nurses would spoil him. His stuffed clown reminds me of him. It was his favorite toy because of its bright and bold colors. It would always catch his attention. It also comforted him when it was put in his bed. My brother’s name was Frederick. But everybody called him Jordan, his middle name. He was named after Michael Jordan because that was my daddy’s favorite basketball player, and Frederick is my daddy’s name. My brother let go of the grass when he was seven and a half months old. He is so important to me because even though I weren’t alive when he was, the stories about him have made me the girl I am today, and his story of struggle and pain has given me a sense of why life is precious. Once again my something beautiful is my big brother because he is my guardian angel.

Rest In Peace Jordan.


The author's comments:
This piece was actually an English assignment. When I got up in front of the class to present it, I started crying. I wonder why though, because I never cry while talking about my brother. But comment anyway I want to know how good or bad it is.