My Best Friend | Teen Ink

My Best Friend

October 26, 2007
By Anonymous

My Best Friend

My best friend in the WHOLE world is Josh Street, home-schooled boy who lives only a few blocks away from me. I never met him face-to-face until I stumbled upon him at Camp Macgomery, a Christian Camp out in the middle of no where. Josh has taught me a lot. He has helped me through a speed bump or two in my life, even if he doesn’t know it.

One thing Josh has taught me that I don’t have to go with the flow of society. I was starting a life style that I didn’t want start and my parents hadn’t guided me to. I started listening to music that contained unnecessary cussing and other lyrics that a teen at my age doesn’t need. I was falling for the brand-name-clothes trap. I was also cussing, which now that I look back on those days, I probably sounded like an idiot. I was also telling jokes that should not come out of a teenager. Josh taught me I could be funny, find cool music with out bad lyrics, and be cool with out going beyond the limit. Josh is probably the coolest person I have ever met, and he is cool with out the clothes, dirty jokes, cussing, and music.

Josh has also given me a chance to get a few things off my chest. My mom has often ignored me while I’m around. She has ignored my sister, too. Unfortunately, my sister will have mental, major weight and other health problems because of my mother’s decisions. My mom had also made me take care of my younger brother when she had custody of us. I was 5 and my brother was 3. It was my responsibility to bathe him and make sure he got fed. I often kept this and what she is putting me through to myself, until I met Josh. Josh is a great friend to get things out.

Overall, Josh is a great friend to hang out and talk to. He has taught me a lot, even though he probably doesn’t know it. If Josh is reading this, I want to say a special thanks to him for everything he has done for me.


This will certify that the above work is completely original.