Paulo Coelho | Teen Ink

Paulo Coelho

As i entered my teens i got greatly influenced by paulo coelho's writings. He's my role model.

Paulo Coelho is a Brazilian author. He was born in 1947 in the city of Rio de Janerio. before dedicating his life completely to literature, he worked as theatre director and actor, lyricist and journalist.

Coelho wrote song lyrics for many famous performers in brazilian music, such as Elis Regina and Rita Lee. Yet his most well known work has been done with Raul Seixas.

His fascination with the spiritual quest dates back to his hippie days, when he travelled the world learnig about secret societies, oriental religions, etc.

In 1982 Coelho published his first book, 'Hell Archives', which failed to make any kind of impact. In 1985 he contributed to the 'Practical Manual of Vampirism', although he later tried to take it off the shelves, since he considered it "of bad quality". In 1986, PAULO COELHO did the pilgrimage to Saint James of Compostella, an experience later to be documented in his book 'The Pilgrimage'. In the following year, COELHO published 'The Alchemist'. Slow initial sales convinced his first publisher to drop the novel, but it went on to become one of the best selling Brazilian books of all time.

I've read his "the Alchemist', 'The Valkyries', 'The Devil and Miss Prym', and 'The Pilgrimage'. his 'The Alchemist' is the best. I'm going to read his "veronika decides to die" quite soon. He's the best writer.

CarrotTop609 said...
I had to read the alchemist for class and at first, I didn't think I wanted to read this book, but when I got into it, I realized that this was, in fact, a cool book about magic and omens. I liked it and I must agree, Paulo Poelho has a way with putting pen to paper and making words flow. It want to read the witch of portobello next.