Mother Joia S. | Teen Ink

Mother Joia S. MAG

When you need to get a ride to the best party of the year and you can’t drive, she is there to take you. When you can’t possibly eat any more fast food, she is there to cook your favorite meal. When you feel you can’t do a step in dance or play a note on the piano, she is there to support you. When it’s one of those days when you got in a fight with a good friend and failed your math test, she is there to comfort you. When you feel lost, lonely or like you are losing all your friends, she is there. This taxi driver, cook, cheerleader, counselor and friend can be none other than a mother.

My mother is very dear to me. She will love me and be there for me no matter what. I know that whenever I am in trouble, she will be there waiting to help. If I am having a bad time anywhere, I know my mother will pick me up regardless of the hour. I can talk to her and she will listen and not hold anything against me.

When I do something wrong and tell the truth about it, I get the punishment I deserve. She is always glad I told her the truth. I feel bad for those who can’t talk to their mothers because when you do, she will point you in the right direction.

In my eyes, she is a hero. It’s not what she does, but the way she does it and the wonderful person she is. My only fear is that I will not be as praiseworthy to my child as she is to me.

When I am in a difficult situation and she understands, that matters. When I am sick and she takes care of me, that matters. When she is willing to fulfill my needs, that matters. It is the little things like going out of her way to buy me the kind of shampoo I like that is only found in one store, or constantly thinking of me and buying me ice cream to make my day better, that makes all the difference to me. But most importantly, she will always have unconditional love for me. That is what matters the most.