Magdonla D., Mother | Teen Ink

Magdonla D., Mother MAG

I do not have to go far to find a hero because one has been around me since I wasborn - my mother. I always feel safe because I know she is there with her love.Whether it is helping with a difficult homework assignment or finding a hotellate at night in a foreign country, she has a solution. She can make a joke ofeverything, and whether doing housework, shopping or travelling, being with heris just fun.

My mother is one of the most intelligent people I know. Sheis a successful medical doctor who teaches at Stanford, and she speaks fivelanguages. My mother is open to the world, loves history and archaeology.

With a great sense of humor and her readiness to play soccer or tennis,she takes part in all the activities of my life. Her friends love her because sheis unselfish and genuinely interested in their lives. No matter how tired or busyshe might be, when people ask for advice or help, my mother is always there. Shecan patiently listen to their complaints for hours, hold their hands in thehospital, or even get up in the middle of the night to treat someone.

Mymother does not just spread love to those around her; she also loves her familyand our culture. My mother loves these things so much that she taught me not onlyto speak, read and write in Hungarian, but also about Hungarian history,geography and literature.

It is important for her to practiceself-control and she helps me to act similarly. She has taught me that I do notnecessarily have to satisfy my needs immediately. I should be patient, anddefinitely should not complain.

No wonder my mother is my model - I wouldlike to follow in her footsteps and become like her.