Girl with a Million Shadows | Teen Ink

Girl with a Million Shadows

By SSSplatters PLATINUM, Plainview, Minnesota
SSSplatters PLATINUM, Plainview, Minnesota

"What does not kill you makes you stronger!" or
"Your only limits are the ones you set on yourself" Love doesn't bring happiness, happiness can just happens to be found easier where there is love-- Sam

I can't say I got where I have alone, or that I can advance in this world without a helping hand. There are people out there like shadows, that are part of daily life always there to stick around when the conditions are right. People there to get the girl sulking in silence to party, a librarian who spends her days finding books to help make my path to being a great writer easier. Coaches who give the underdog the chance to become a starter. An English teacher that symbolizes more than another assignment to do in advisory, but a mentor. Life in this modern world may make suicide look appealing, but as I look at the shadows in my life I am seeing more and more reasons to keep living. It might be to make my best friend laugh today, tomorrow it might be to finish my book of dragon lore and adventures. When school starts it's going to become a doctor and save lives. When the weather gets cold it's going to be reading grammar books. It doesn't matter how frivolous my reasons I'll be collecting shadows to survive this crazy world. I am a girl with a million shadows, that steers me right to where I belong.

Sonza SILVER said...
Sonza SILVER, Bhubaneswar, Other

An apple a day, if well aimed, keeps the doctor away. - P. G. Wodehouse

i liked some of ur sentences...... beautiful!!!