Mrs.Incredible | Teen Ink

Mrs.Incredible

September 5, 2014
By Christopher Carlson BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
Christopher Carlson BRONZE, Mundelein, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

An ear open, a heart available, This is my mother. A dependable person who always listens objectively and offers straight forward advice. She has a loving heart and amazing personality. I am amazed by my incredibly strong willed mother because she is the best mom a boy could ask for.

My mom is so considerate, she is always putting others needs before her own. My mom and I are the two that go shopping for everything like food and clothes. Money has always been very tight for me and my family, and no matter how much we had at the time she would always say “Christopher its ok. I would rather spend the money on you”. She has a handful of favorite meals or toppings that she loves to eat every once in a while. Like like corned beef and cabbage, mushroom pizza, or black olives. When it comes time to eat these meals, she will go out of her way and make me something that she knows I will like to eat. Or how she waits after my practices to make sure that everyone has a way to get home, and if they don’t she will either drive them her self or wait with them until their parents come and pick them up. No matter how long it takes. One instance was when I was in little league for baseball and this boy on my team wasn't sure how he was gonna get home so my mom said “Here, you can use my phone to call your parents and find out your ride situation”. The boy got off the phone with his parents and said “they would be at least an hour until they would be able to pick me up. You can go and ill just wait here.” My mom being the selfless person that she is, replied by saying “ Absolutely not. I'm not gonna leave you here alone. If you want, you can come sit in the car until your parents get here.” So I helped my friend bring his bag into the car and we sat there for an hour and a half. Once the boy had gotten picked up I asked my mom why she had waited so long. She said to me “I can not leave knowing that someone didn't have a ride. I just hope that if me or dad were running late that someone would do the same for you.”

No matter what is going on in my life that troubles me or brings me happiness my mom is dependable, and will always be there for me. Sometimes when i’ve had a bad day at school and need someone to vent I know I can always sit down and talk with my mother. She is not bias and gives me logical advice that I can use to better my self. I remember this one time I had come home from school and I would be really down about doing poorly on a test, and she would always tell me “ Christopher, you are such an intelligent young man, and you will do better next time.” She has never missed one of my games or meets. It makes me feel really good to be playing football, Baseball, Swimming, or Water Polo and knowing that my mom is there to support me.

She has been knocked down in life and always finds a way to get back up to protect our family. My mom has impacted me the most in my life, and she has taught me many valuable lessons such as how to respect others, treat everyone nicely, if you have nothing nice to say don’t say anything at all, and “ you can do anything you set your mind to”. I am truly amazed by my strong, loving, and compassionate mom. I wouldn't change a single thing about her.

-------------------------------------------------
1.My favorite meals are spaghetti, macaroni n cheese, or sloppy joes.
2.I know she is there because can hear her screaming “ Woo Hoo go Christopher.”