How to Master Wordle | Teen Ink

How to Master Wordle

Have you ever been bored and decided to check on the Wordle website? Then find yourself stuck as to how to find the word? This is a common issue that people undertake, but there may be a solution.

Arrowhead High School’s 18-year-old Senior, Rachel Druckrey, the self-acclaimed Wordle master, met me the other day for an interview. “I’ve been doing this for about a year now,” she stated. Druckrey was passionate about all the tricks she had discovered in the past year to beat Wordle. She spoke: “I think this game is a great way to expand your knowledge of vocabulary. Everyday, I use the Wordle words in my English classes such as, Composition, Advanced Composition, and lastly Creative Writing.”

Druckrey was questioned where she found the time to play this game as a full-time student at Arrowhead High School, while also having babysitting gigs on the side. “It’s not even a wind in the road!” 

Druckrey was confident with how beneficial this website can be, and all her tricks… She stated, “First trick: start guessing a first word containing letters A, E, S, T, or C. 

When questioned, “What works well with this Druckery?” She described the process of elimination used. “I figure out the letters in it based on my first guess, from there I strategize. “I place X’s where I don’t have letters and visualize possibilities there may be.” 

Questioning Druckrey, “What do I need to know to beguile the Wordle system? She answered, “You need to know a variety of things, words, and not just basic words, you need to know exotic words, and strategizing.” She then said letters W, Q, V, X, and finally Z, are rarely used and knowing those small things are beneficial for a win.

After being so curious, Druckery was faced with the question, “Does being a “master” mean you always win? What things can go wrong in these situations?” Druckery took a breath, sat back in her desk, and said, “No. Being a master at this game does not always mean you will win. There are things that can go wrong. The player may incorrectly go over the six-word guessing limit. There are a number of obstacles to face.” 

With these wise words from Arrowhead’s Senior, Druckrey, we learn tactics to get around the Wordle. In the end, if something goes wrong, she says, “It’s just for fun! Move on!” 

I interviewed a good friend of mine who is a master at Wordle. I began asking her questions and deeply analyzed her responses. I then turned hers and my interview into a how to writing piece!