The Spotlight Shines on Delilah | Teen Ink

The Spotlight Shines on Delilah

Cutting-Edge T Delilah started her humble beginning as an adorable Brown Swiss calf. She was born on a chilly night in December in one of many maternity pens at Elite Farm Dairy in New York. It was then that Delilah began her five-year journey to becoming one of the most popular and sought-after cows in the nation.

Today you are going to hear the tales of Cutting-Edge T Delilah's Supreme Champion walk at the 2018 World Dairy Expo, but first and foremost, I'll give you some back-round on Delilah. Delilah was and still is one of very few Brown Swiss cows to ever win the title of overall Supreme Champion at the World Dairy Expo. If you think about this, it's an incredible feat for her. The World Dairy Expo has been going on for 52 years now and very few Brown Swiss cows have ever won the title of overall Supreme Champion.

Over the next five years Delilah would be groomed to be a champion. She won her first title as All American Winter Calf in 2013, winning her next title as All American Winter Yearling in 2014. Delilah was already one of the most accomplished cows by the age of 18 months. Her resume broadens as she accomplished four more amazing feats, all in the year 2016. Those titles were Intermediate and Reserve Grand Champion at the Southeast National dairy show, Intermediate Grand Champion at the Eastern National Dairy show, All American Senior Three-Year-Old and runner up at the 2016 World Dairy Expo. The final year leading up to Delilah's champion walk she again earns the title of Reserve Champion at the 2017 World Dairy Expo.

As 2018 comes around Delilah delivers her fourth calf and begins her fourth lactation. All the conditions were perfect, and she was in her prime to compete at the year's largest and most significant dairy cattle show in the world. As Delilah walks into her barn at World Dairy Expo she draws attention to herself, the way she always does. When the day came for Delilah's first appearance in the show ring, she approached it head on and tackled her first class. She was awarded first prize in her five-year-old Brown Swiss class, winning by a landslide. Destroying all her competition, Delilah then took the first-place title in the overall champion of the breed class.
Finally, the day came for Delilah to have her chance to win it all. She woke up bright and early to head off to the wash racks and get fitted and groomed before competition time. Delilah's owner, Kyle Barton, had sweat glistening on his forehead, this was a big deal for him. Walking over to the entrance to the show ring Delilah was calm as ever, she never got antsy before the show she always looked so calm and collected in the show ring, she loved her show life.

While Delilah and Kyle waited to go in the ring, they could see those beautiful maroon colored shavings, and hear the excited chatter of the thousands of people waiting in the colosseum to see her. Finally, Delilah and Kyle were ushered into the ring. There seated in the colosseum surrounding them were hundreds if not thousands of people. As Delilah took her first few steps into the ring you could almost see the excitement from the crowd as they all leaned forward in anticipation. Per usual Delilah strutted her stuff around the ring and after catching the judge Chris Hills ‘eye, she was able to reign in his approval for her to be Supreme Champion, but there was another judge she had to win over, Carl Phoenix. Carl is a judge who notoriously picks Holstein cows over any other breed, this was going to be a difficult feat for Delilah. The class was finally narrowed down to two cows Delilah and the Holstein breed winner. Once again Carl was comparing Delilah to the Holstein cow, but his face was giving away nothing nobody could tell if he was going to choose Delilah or the Holstein.
Finally, after 40 minutes of deliberating the two judges had decided who they were going to pick. At last they picked up the microphone and stated, "These are two of the most beautiful cows I have ever seen in my entire life, I mean talk about a cow that has it all. If you couldn't tell we both had a difficult time choosing the cow that would win it all, but we finally decided that your Supreme Champion cow of the 2018 World Dairy Expo is... Cutting Edge T Delilah!" As the crowd deafeningly roared, Delilah's owner Kyle hooted and hollered. They had always been painstakingly close to winning and now they finally took the overall title, Kyle's eyes glistened with tears of joy. "We did it!", Kyle whispered to Delilah. There was a huge swarm of people around Delilah putting on her ribbons and banners. The people left. Suddenly it was just her in the ring. Delilah was breathtakingly beautiful, and she soon ushered the crowd into an awed silence as the took in the enormity of her beauty and grace.

It was at this time that Delilah found the spotlight that she truly deserved, and then Delilah started to walk. The lights were dimmed, and the spotlight shown bright on Delilah. All the attention suited her, and again the crowd began to roar for her, for Delilah. There Delilah finished her final walk across those colored shavings of the 2018 World Dairy Expo. Covered in ribbons and banners Delilah exited the colosseum, leaving the roar of awed people in it. Having finally won the title she had pursued her entire life, Delilah was finally satisfied.
After achieving the title of overall Supreme Champion of the 2018 World Dairy Expo, Delilah's popularity spread like wildfire and she soon became the most popular and sought-after cow of the year. I mean it makes sense she is now confirmed to be the best-looking cow in the world.
This is the story of how Cutting-Edge T Delilah won the title of Supreme Champion cow at the 2018 World Dairy Expo. Earning the title of being the most beautiful cow in the world isn't easy, but Delilah accomplished it. And there you have it, the tales of the most magnificent cow experiencing her first champion walk across those beautiful colored shavings.

I am a huge cow fanatic and Cutting Edge T Delilah is the cow that one Supreme Champion at the 2018 World Dairy Expo.