how i got kicked out | Teen Ink

how i got kicked out

Its that parent that isn’t your parent but acts like a parent cause you hang out with that one friend way to much.

Its summer of 2018. The wind is blowing, I hear the sound of windchimes clashing together outside of my house, the sun blazing in my room, my stupid parrot screaming in the living room. I just woke up its around 11:20 AM. My phone is blowing up, its Summer. She’s begging me to come over so she doesn’t have to deal with Destinee alone. I pick up my phone, text her back saying, I’ll try I'm not sure if I can because I have to go to my dad’s tomorrow, def gonna take a shower first. I walk into my mom's room and told her I was going to take a shower. Not even half awake in her sleepy voice she says okay. After I get dressed, I eat and do a couple of things around the house. Around 5:30 I ask to go to Summer’s and my mom says it’s fine with her if it’s okay with Michele. So I pack my stuff around 6:30 I find out I can’t get a ride and it legit took me half an hour to convince my mom to bring me. Knowing my mom she never wants to bring me anywhere cause she’s always tired from night shift.
I'm pretty sure I went there on a Thursday night because I ended up bringing all my stuff I usually bring to my Dad’s to Summer’s. I texted Summer to meet me at the main entrance. I get out of the car and it looked like it was about to rain, the clouds were grey and the sky was dark. I hugged my mom goodbye. Then, Summer, Dessie and I went to the arcade with my stuff, cause there was an animal show there. The boys that they were making googly eyes at were there and they told me the nicknames they had made for them. Aka White Shirt, Pink Shorts, and Curly Head, cause, of course, they didn't know their names, cause they don't know how to talk to new people. Then finally we brought my stuff to the Camper. Summer’s parents weren’t home so we went back to the arcade and played games, which were not that fun. We got bored of the arcade. Summer’s parents said they were home anyway so we went to say hi and ate dinner.

Later that night Summer, Dessie and  I ended up going to the Gazebo, and that’s when we met Chase, aka “the nice one”, Gage, aka Manbun, Anthony, Ryan, and Brennan, aka Tallboy, my fave. I made up all the nicknames for them and everyone started saying them too. I only call chase the nice one because he was holding back my hair when I was throwing up. I know, its gross. We originally went there to meet up with Ava, Abbey and Arry but before they got there we met the boys.

Later that week while walking back to the camp from the store with Dessie and Gage. I was told by Dessie that Summer was texting her and I wasn’t allowed back at the Camper. At first i was like why, what did I do. Then, what am i going to do because all my stuff is there. Dessie said that i got kicked out because i was supposedly talking crap about Summer. I told summer that wasn’t true and it would be ridiculous if I was. Her mom got mad at me because of the naughty names I “called” Summer.