Embarrassed | Teen Ink

Embarrassed

March 5, 2020
By Gkean20 BRONZE, Madison, New Jersey
Gkean20 BRONZE, Madison, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I’m tired of being embarrassed. Embarrassed to show my face in public and make a scene in front of others. Embarrassed that on the first day of preschool it took 5 adults to pry me off of my dad's legs to walk into the classroom. Afraid that in an instant all of the attention would be on me. Embarrassed to do or say something that could possibly cause a ruckus. Embarrassed that in the 2nd grade, show and tell became a horrible nightmare that I dreaded.  When the day came, the teacher forced me to share something that happened over the weekend. Embarrassed that when 5th grade came around this fear of show and tell became worse. Embarrassed that when my dog got sprayed by a skunk and my whole house smelled like skunk and my mom forced me and my sister to go to school and my clothes reiked, the whole class smelled it as soon as I walked into the room. Embarrassed that in the 6th grade my face got so red during gym class, I was afraid to walk out of the locker room and show the public my red face in fear that people would make fun of me. They did. Embarrassed that when I had to present in a class, I forced my mom to let me stay home. Embarrassed that at soccer practice my friend asked me a question while the instructions were being told, the coach thought that we were talking and yelled at us and made us run laps in front of everyone. Embarrassed that when I walked across the stage on 8th grade graduation day I was so focused on walking and not tripping that I forgot to shake the vice principals hand and  ended up causing a bigger scene. Embarrassed that when I got to high school I would never look at anyone in the hallway because I was afraid people were going to think I was weird. Embarrassed that when I got called on in class by the teacher my face would become bright red. Embarrassed that now with all of the senior activities coming up, I knew something horrific was bound to happen. I wish I could quit being embarrassed.