Dear Future... | Teen Ink

Dear Future...

September 6, 2009
By Lucy4himnotu ELITE, Richardson, Texas
Lucy4himnotu ELITE, Richardson, Texas
148 articles 0 photos 54 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I am Happy to The Point of Fear" -Ralph Waldo Emmerson


Dear Future...

Where are you? You walk so fast, I lost sight of you.. I thought I was following you, but i caught up to it, and realized it wasn't you. I am lost. I look around and see people that look like you, people that sound like you, people that make me wonder if it is you in disguise... so I followed them, because I was afraid of staying lost. But they led me astray. I find myself, more deeply lost then before. I walk along this road, nearly pointlessly, in hopes of finding you again.

But what... whats that? I think... no it cannot be, could that be you? Could I see you up on that mountain there a few miles in front of me? So far and yet so close? Is it you? Call out to me! So that I do not climb it, just to find that it was not you... Just to be misslead again. But I want to be up on that mountain with you. I want to know that it is where I am supposed to be. I miss having you in front of me. I dont want to be lost anymore. Come back... Or should I catch up...?
I run to you, and grow faster and stronger, I am at the foot of that mountain... but what is this? You... your are descending down the side... the opposite side? No! Come back! wait for me I cannot lose you again! I cannot feel what i felt back there! I will not!

You falter... And I run. Up the mountain to the top. You are halfway down already. I run back down the other side, gaining on you. You are back on a road, a dirt road... its strange... I feel that I know that road. As I run I realize, that this is the road leading home.

I have finally made it up and down from that mountain, just to find you miles ahead on the road home. I am gaining on you once again, I've searched to hard and been alone for to long, to have you disappear again. I am right behind you, watching your every movement, I know you are mine, i know I have you now, I am smiling and I push one last time, knowing I will be embraced by the one I lost.
As I jump forward I see someone else, their road joining with mine, their future takes the hand of mine, but where are they? They are walking, inside of their future... Whats this? there is someone walking... inside of mine... How is this possible... I worked so hard to find you again... but I trip in my pain... my road disappears, and merges with theirs... It is gone... I crumble to the ground, onto my knees...

There on my knees, everything is gone, its cold and dark. I have no future, I have nothing to work for anymore...

I lost you... again...

No more wondering inside this land i call my heart,
To find the future I thought I wanted, but lost, just to find it again, and realize, i waited to long... My heart is empty now, so dark and cold...

My road is beneathe my feet... and nowhere else... not around me... not in front of me... not behind me... nowhere... Its gone. only beneath my feet.

Goodbye, my almost lover,

So long, My should have been future

I am sorry for loosing you... for waiting to long...

It is time to wake up now...

Goodmorning.


The author's comments:
Have you ever felt like your future is pintless? Or that you cant even find one...? Perhaps you Have felt as I havem that your future has been taken from you by another, a faster being. I'll just make another one