i never knew you | Teen Ink

i never knew you

October 2, 2009
By Anonymous

i was born into a drug addicted family. but fortunately for me i was saved from alot of the heart break. My parents were deamed unsuitable to take care of me and my sister due to their meth addiction. We were taken away when i was 6 months old and placed into foster care to be given a chance. AT the time that didnt seem to hopeful. My sister and i were passed around like marshmellows at a campfire. on my fourth birthday we were moved once again. this house didnt seem to different from all the rest, but that was just the begining. My sister and i had extremely bad behavioral problems. But these people didnt care they seemed commited to giving us a chance to suceed. We lived with them for four years and then were adopted. I cant thank them enough for what they did for us, even though most of the time i treated them like dog poo. I am now 17 years old and my sister is 20. We have met our parents and i personally dont really like them. My sister on the other hand is very much like them. My sister has a baby who is 8 months. And her boyfriend is a meth dealer and addict. It kills me to watch her be like that. When we were little we made a promise to eachother saying we would never subject ourselves or our kids to that environment and we would give our kids the chance they deserve. My sister broke her promise, but i vow to keep mine. she is mad at me for trying to protect her baby, but if the babys mom refuses to i am put into that position. i love my sister and i always will, but i refuse to see the cycle repeated. My sister still talks to our biological parents but i refuse to. she says she loves them and they love us but how can they. I really would like to know how they can love us? they are still addicted to drugs. She says that i should try to love them but i cant. In my world they dont mean anything to me. they are definately not my family. and i dont see how they can be hers either. They choose drugs over us and i will never forgive them for that.