Who am I? | Teen Ink

Who am I?

By Wolf_Howl BRONZE, Sugar Land, Texas
Wolf_Howl BRONZE, Sugar Land, Texas

Lovely essay; dripping with pathos and missing the strong flavor of logos.

Sorry, but such an essay fails to move me. I just submitted an essay today about Animal Rights and why is is wrong, so hopefully that will be submitted and prevent me from having to explain everything here.

Anyway, do you have any source that says that people aren't made to eat meat? Because, while I have heard it before, I have never seen any such proof of this claim. Let's say your claim is true, please then, explain why we - humans - have hydrochloric acid in our stomachs - something herbivores lack? Or how about why we have protruding canines like that of many carnivores? And if you want to go the path of evolution, we did evolve from primates; the closest relative to us by up to 96 percent of the same DNA is the chimpanzee, which have strongly protruded canines (as well as being omnivorous like humans).

Lastly, I think PETA is a complete fallacy. How can they be pushing for the 'ethical' treatment of animals if they don't first care about mankind? My favorite quote noted from PETA is: ’[PETA] would rather have medical experiments done on our children than on animals', which is a close second to 'if animal test produced a cure for AIDS, [PETA] would be against it.' I honestly don't think I need to even comment about these quotes; they tell the message themselves.

Anyway, I do so hope that your vegetarianism goes well, but I also hope you realize how weak your argument is and how Animal Rights are not logically possible. I will link my essay once it is submitted for you to look over if you wish.

Farewell,

Wolf

P.S. I date a vegetarian. ;P

I don't know my father. I don't want to know my father. I hate my father.

Too many times have I watched my mother cry as I would ask who he was. She would just turn me away and tell me, "Ask me when your older." A week later I would ask again.

I remember times when I would be angry. I would shout at my step-father: "I wish I was with my real dad!" So many times have I said this, not knowing how dark the phrase was.

I am older now. I have learned how my father kidnapped me when I could barely speak. How he would call my mother from remote locations and have me speak into the receiver. "Mama... Mama..." he would have me torture her as he kept me from her. I learned how my mother kidnapped me back, probably risking her life to do so. Oh, how she loves me, I now realize.

I learned how he wasn't there when my mother and I were hit by a car while on a bicycle then flown in those blood red helicopters to the hospital. They always remind me of mechanical angels of death; lifting bodies from the Earth.

I learned about how for a while I was raised by a crack-head, the only room mate my mother could get while my father had abandoned us. He was with a former Playboy now.

There I sat with my mother, tears streaming down her face as she told me all this. Still, I don't have a face, nor a name. But, all I do have is my reflection. Sometimes I sit and stare into his eyes in the mirror. His cheek bones, his lips, his nose, his dark hair. Sometimes I sit and think about all the painful memories that his appearance in me brings to my mother. And, sometimes yet, I regret my existence. That is, until I remember how much my mother loved me to take me back, and to keep me still. And then I start to cry.

True story about my childhood. Just found out everything this past year. Tough stuff to take.

It's hard to type a memoir while you're worried about tears ruining your keyboard.

scarletpelt BRONZE, Holly Springs, North Carolina

Silence is golden, but duck tape is Silver!

This peice is beautifully sad and wonderfully wirten. I think its good you use your wirting to get your feelings. I wish I could with the knot in my heart.

Emilia901 GOLD said...
Emilia901 GOLD, Moreno Valley, California

"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." Jessamyn West

I agree. To be able to sit down and intake all the details of a painful childhood.... that's true courage.

DuriChick SILVER, Pekanbaru, Other

Love is giving someone the power to destroy you - but trusting them enough not to.

Beautifully done. It takes a strong person to 'reveal' yourself before however many people read this. And it takes a strong person to sit there and listen to those who want to try and help but can never really do anything. Also, please don't think I'm stalking you. I just find your work fascinating. :)