Blind | Teen Ink

Blind

October 4, 2010
By Lucy4himnotu ELITE, Richardson, Texas
Lucy4himnotu ELITE, Richardson, Texas
148 articles 0 photos 54 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I am Happy to The Point of Fear" -Ralph Waldo Emmerson


People say that sometimes, one can go blind with pain. Perhaps they could go blind in shock, I am not sure. But if this is true, then I will stare at this picture for a while. I will avert my eyes from the world and indulge my eyes in the beauty I have in front of me in a frame. I place it here in my locker and look at it every day. I take it in as much as i can because i know I am about to go blind for the day. My eyes open in the morning and protest against my heart. i see what is coming in the days activities and my eyes only last for about an hour. I make it to school, and to my locker. I look at that beautiful picture and then they give out. I am then blind to all the things in this school, in this world. I place that picture behind my eyelids and smile. occasionally the people in the picture move, and recreate the days i miss so much. Sometimes the figures shift but only to another position; One other frame takes place behind my eyelids. I see so much more when I go blind. I see such beauty, I see what I want and what I need. But when the final bell rings my vision returns, not clearly but blurry. I make my way to my locker and I put my things away. I bid this picture farewell and my vision returns completely. I close my eyes as I walk out to my car; I do not wish to watch this bloodbath any longer. People say sometimes one can go blind from pain... but has anyone ever known of someone who went blind... to prevent pain?
I've always been a weird one.