Everyone's Sunshine | Teen Ink

Everyone's Sunshine

July 4, 2011
By dangeroustears SILVER, Cheney, Kansas
dangeroustears SILVER, Cheney, Kansas
8 articles 10 photos 3 comments

I just can't believe it. Only 17. An angel in life, and now an angel up with God. I've been asking why her? I didn't know her well, but well enough to instantly adore her not only as a friend, but as a role model. All she did was follow the path that God wanted and now he has her up with him. I know we can't avoid death, but when it strikes your friend twenty days before she graduates, its devastating. She was such an outgoing person who always made you laugh when you needed it. Emily, you will always be in in our high school's hearts. If any of us could take your place, we would with open hearts. But now you are happy and never have to worry about anything anymore. No one would ever want to take that from you. You touched almost everyone in the school, something that no ordinary person can do, but you were extraordinary, never normal. We will always try to bring our own sunshine, no matter the weather. Emily, you were everybody's sunshine, you still are.


The author's comments:
I wrote this piece after my friend Emily died in a car crash. She was a wonderful person and is greatly missed.