I Remember | Teen Ink

I Remember

By KandiceMichelle PLATINUM, Stansonburg, North Carolina
KandiceMichelle PLATINUM, Stansonburg, North Carolina

"Yet God has made everything BEAUTIFUL for its own time. He has planted ETERNITY in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end." -Ecclesiastes 3:11

I remember 9/11. People try to tell me that I was to young to remember, but I do. I remember at exactly 8:46 a.m. the North tower of the world trade center was hit. I remember at exactly 9:02 a.m. the south tower was hit. After that, America sprang into panic. At the time, we didn't know it was a possible terrist attack until the Pentagon was hit by a third plane. I can remember seeing a lot of smoke on the television. Shortly afterwords, the south tower collapes, and not long after that, the north tower collapes. I can remember hearing about a 4th plane headed to the white house, but they found the plane in a field in Pennsylvia.

Many people lost their lives that day. Lives that shouldn't have been taken. Mothers, fathers, daughters, and sons were all taken that day, and for a stupid reason. I wasn't fair for people to die that way, but they did and now all America wants is justice.

We should thank those firefighters, paramedics, and others. While we were running from the falling towers, they were running for them to rescue innocent lives. I don't know of many people who would do that. Many of them died saving others, and they died as heros. We should take this day and remember those who died for us, and those who died for no reason.

~REMEMBER 9/11~