Feel Good Drag | Teen Ink

Feel Good Drag

By NizZzy1 PLATINUM, Arrowsmith, Illinois
NizZzy1 PLATINUM, Arrowsmith, Illinois

Like Moves On
Things Happen
I am my shadow self

I try many ways to relax in this unnatural environment that I have been given. To me, the most relaxing thing besides reading is music. My dad has always told me the relaxed man is the best thing to be in this world. I’m always the one to become stressed with things on my social life and school then you add friends to that problem it is one very very bad equation. I’m a huge reader, I may not show it because most of the people I hang out with choose not to read as much as i do because they have no actual interest in reading. In the many ways i try to relax, reading is high up on that list. Reading, music and fishing are like the only things i have to my name as things that calm me down, now i know what some of you are thinking that shouldn’t video games be on that list as well? Well some but not all the millions that i own, because call of duty anything angers me more than calms me down. So yes i don't relax like all “normal” kids do by sitting in front of a tv and killing people with imaginary guns.Now i’m not saying i don't play them, but i don't do it to calm down because trust me i've gone down that road and i am not doing that again.

I relax through a lot of things, and as i am i seemingly always stressed through the many things, people most of all. Being 16 in my house ,means not a lot of things to do. Most if not all of them include the tortures of driving everywhere to go get things for mom and dad which is okay i guess, its like a miniature adventure going to leroy, ellsworth, anchor and colfax with the exception of Bloomington as well every time its like an Skyrim adventure I’m searching for some miscellaneous piece of something like a gallon of mtn dew or a car battery or even on a special occasion i'll go out looking for a dvd from the library. Until this summer one of them ends up coming along so it sorta feels like i have a accomplice coming along with me, if they ever made accomplishes that had no idea what anything in Rage the game had to do. Remember how i said i normally don’t play video games to relax? Yeah not all the way true, there's one game aside from Skyrim and Madden that does calm me down this game is called Rage. To sum it up for all you non gamers out there it is, your on the earth after an asteroid has hit it, and destroyed a good amout of it and you travel around doing odd jobs shooting savages, jumping off collapsing buildings and trying not to get eaten by huge squid monsters that are about the size of the building. It is calming to me and i'd assume disturbing to you, but to my father it is irrelevant to him. To my father every little detail, little piece of the game that doesn't seem realistic isn’t good enough for him to appreciate the game. Its the same with zombies on Call of Duty Black Ops one and two, its always something with him that he would like to make a mockery of, and this day and quest isn’t any different.

Its the start of the twenty minute drive to town, and he starts the conversation off with a question, he asks me how do i understand the purpose of these games i play. The question is the normal one, i answer as sarcastically as usual, “You shoot to kill the undead before you die dad.” As i always get a strange look and the other question, “How do you play these all the time?” I just roll my eyes and look at him for a few seconds, “Because, Pop its a fun game that will either excite you or make you madder than you when we can't watch jeopardy or with any luck it does both to mess with you that my father is how i play it all the time.” As we make it into town we move the conversation to many different topics, sports, video games, and it normally ends on music, somehow one way or another it ends on music. See what i did there? Haha. Anyway dad usually finds something he likes on the radio and he will turn it up. Then we will argue what is better what i end up listening to or what he likes. This will go on and on for the rest of the ride to where it is we are going or to the next chance we stop and until we get home. Either way me being relaxed is me arguing with my father about the laws of life and the laws of COD.

So the end of this story has come, i grant you the fullest of my gratitude of listening to this ole boy, ramble about how relaxing he can be. I end this with the eternal words of my dad and how this one little phrase can relax me with it being said. “Live by the gun, die by the zombie, breath by the tv and watch jeopardy.

This is my relaxing me memoir. Its just a little bit of things that I do too relax in my little piece of heaven. Enjoy.