Getting the Blue Collared Dog | Teen Ink

Getting the Blue Collared Dog

By Lebron21.M.K. BRONZE, Buffalo, New York
Lebron21.M.K. BRONZE, Buffalo, New York

As changes happen in your life, Responsibility increases. I learned this from getting my first ever dog buddy.

As I entered my mom and dads car, I could see weird smiles on both of there faces and as I started to ask why my mom shoved a piece of paper in my face. When i looked at the piece of paper all there was is a few pictures of 2 white dogs. One of them had a blue collar and the other had a green collar. I asked my mom what kind of dog they were and my mom said that they were a mix of a snoozer and a poodle or a snoodle. As I looked at the bottom of the paper i notice 2 Words in Big Black letters “For Sale.”When I asked are we getting one of the dogs my mom said that we were but he would manly be my dog and that I would need to give him water, food, and play with him.

When we arrived at the lady that was selling the dogs house I noticed 2 White Furballs in the window. As soon as i entered the house the dogs came rushing in and immediately started licking and jumping all over me. After about a Half an Hour my mom said that it was time to go and that we would be back in a week to take one of them home.

After a Long 7 days we had returned to the ladys house and now I had to make a decision about which dog I wanted to take home. As time was ticking I had to make a choice and my choice was… The Blue Collared dog. After mom did the paperwork  the lady gave us a blue leash and we took my new dog home. When we got home my dog started to lay on the floor and fell asleep, but now I had to make another decision what was going to be his name. I Thought and thought and thought but nothing until my dad said buddy and we all agreed that buddy was a great name for my dog. 

As I entered the house after school I started to plug and as i turned left in the dining room there it was a pile of brown poop. I sprinted into the kitchen and grab a few paper towels and rushed back. I picked up the poop and sprinted to the bathroom and throw the poop into the toilet and flushed it. Everyday, Day after day I would get home give buddy food, water, and let him out but there was at least a reward. After I would do my chores me and buddy would head outside and play fetch and I would chase buddy around trying to get this green and orange rubber ball. Every once in a will when we would play he would put the ball down and when I got close he would pick it up and sprint away. But when I would get it from him i would give it back to him and we would began playing again.

When we got buddy my work load increased a lot for a 6 year old, but the reward was so much greater. I gained a friendship that I wouldnt give up for the world.