Music Is the Language of the Soul | Teen Ink

Music Is the Language of the Soul

By GirlWhoWrites PLATINUM, Littleton, Colorado
GirlWhoWrites PLATINUM, Littleton, Colorado

Foot tapping intensely to the beat, counting 1,2,3,4. 1,2,3,4 ....  Over and over, remembering where to put my fingers or the right notes to sing as my eyes scan across the page. Listening to the other parts played or sung, figuring out where mine fits in to the puzzle that is music. All these things are second nature now that I've been doing this for so long. I no longer have to think about fingerings, listening to the other parts, the different rhythms, I don't have to think. I can just soak in the music. I can live in the harmonies of my favorite pieces. I can speak the melodies I
Of different songs. The language of music takes a long time to master, just like any other language. I still have a long way to go before before I'm fluent. Now that some things are becoming second nature I'm beginning to enjoy speaking the language more and more. Every day as I become a better musician I enjoy music that much more. I enjoy being able to say what I feel in a language few people can understand.

This peice was inspired by watching a music video, I  saw a foot tapping and it reminded me of playing the flute in band.  This is what it feels like to be in band and choir.