Every Single Lie | Teen Ink

Every Single Lie

about me and dad

Chapter 1: Every Single Lie

Every Single Lie

The car started to slow down as we entered into the driveway, the car 
softly humming. My mom just sat there letting the car run not knowing to
leave her be or stay with her while she sat there, slowly she turned around
tears dripping down her face as she spoke “Christian we need to talk
about your father”.......

“I can't wait to see my father again!” I say happily as we slowly approached the driveway, it has been 8 years since I had last seen my father and I was hoping that I would get to see him again after that long period of time I have always been wishing to see him. Nearly jumping out of my seat as soon as the car came to a stop I saw that my mother was still sitting there tears dripping down her face not really knowing if I should stay there to comfort her or leave her be in peace she slowly turned around and said
“ Christian we need to talk…” she raises her shaking hands to her face to wipe the tears away “you're father…. this whole time he’s been…. lying about his life how he was always saying that he was a Navy Seals soldier and how he worked at a cupcake factory in California well that was all a lie he never passed boot camp he failed within the first week but he didn't want to let you down knowing that all or you’re uncles had made it and he knew that you would be upset about it so he told you that story and others of how he saw one of the other soldiers blow up in front of him and the only job that he had was working for the UPS company and he didn't stay there long that's why he's the one that has been watching you the majority of the time that we had you because every other job that he had he had lost so I was the one getting all the money to support you and your brothers….” My head started racing this can’t be true can it? Everything that I know… Everything I thought I knew about him was it all a lie…?I sat there quietly waiting for my father to come around the corner laughing and smiling saying that it was all just a big joke. “. . .and one more thing you know how after you moved in with my mom, your grandma how you're dad moved in with his mom and how she had really bad health issues?” My mom continued
I sit there not really knowing what to say “Every day you're father had to help her get out of bed and help her go to the bathroom but for some reason she didn't need any help for three days want to know why?”
“I think that I already know why.” I say solemnly looking at the floor of the car
“You're father was to lazy to get up unless he was called and he never thought that it was suspicious how his mom didn't need anything from him so he sat in his room then after the third day he finally got up to check on her he saw her laying on the couch dead from a heart attack if he wasn't so lazy than she might have been alive right now….” my mom says sobbing I just stood there in shock again not knowing what to do. Ever since than I've realized that not every ones life is perfect and there are many flaws in life.

tada