Lake of a Thousand Lakes | Teen Ink

Lake of a Thousand Lakes

March 21, 2016
By Bobby12345 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
Bobby12345 BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The day we left for Canada was a very bright and shiny day, but not when we  left at one in the morning. We packed everything the night before in our RV and left very early in the morning. We drove  to our friend’s house,  the Dedericks, and we picked them up to go to Canada. It was a long ride to Canada. It took 16 hours to get to Canada. On the road to Canad,  I was in the back of the RV and I was playing video games. So when we got there we got to our cabin and I got my fishing rods set up. We ate dinner and we went to bed. The next day when we got up, we put the boat in the water and we got out on the lake.

The first day of fishing was a blast. The first catch was a walleye. It was a big fish that was about 21 inches long. When we went back to shore we ate peanut butter and jelly’s. After lunch we went back out on the water and we took a slight moment to look at the Canadian scenery. We caught some more fish and  we stayed out on the water on till sunset. When we got in from the water we tied the boat up and we put our gear in the RV. While Mr. Folgers was cooking the food, I decided to go down to the pier and fish. While I was fishing on the pier I saw this huge pike, so I cast next to it. I caught a huge pike and then I went to go eat.

Later that night we played a lot of card games. The funny thing about the card games is that we were playing poker with fishing weights. One of the Dedericks won the game of poker. The Dedericks and the Folgers also told fish stories about the day. We baited up all of our rods for the morning fishing.

The next day I did the same thing as the first day. Fishing never gets old for me. My dad was sleeping in. Then he told me and my brother, Michael, to get the boat ready and then my dad went back to sleep. So we got the boat all set up. After we finished setting the boat up, I woke up my father. We went out on the water and we went to our secret spot. I caught about 20 fish at the spot but most of them were not keepers. 

On the last day, we went fishing and it was our last chance to catch our limit. We went to the lock. At the lock the Folgers, the Dedericks, and my family caught some fish. Then we trolled for a while. It was about 1pm when we went to our secret spot. At the secret spot my brother and I were catching fish left and right. After we finished fishing our boat totaled to have 7 big fish. Michael wanted to go water skiing so my dad dropped me off and I went fishing. While I was fishing I saw my brother water skiing out there in the cold water. Later on that afternoon we play Horseshoes while the dinner was cooking. Everybody had fish to eat. After eating we had a big ceremony of who caught the biggest fish and how many fish were caught.

On the last morning when I woke up I was at the Canadian border. In the morning my dad woke up very early and he left Canada while I was asleep in the RV.
I will never forget my trip to Canada.