The Worst Day of My Life | Teen Ink

The Worst Day of My Life

December 13, 2016
By Gerardo717 BRONZE, Chicago Ridge , Illinois
Gerardo717 BRONZE, Chicago Ridge , Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It was just another ordinary day at Incarnation Catholic Church and I got out of bed at 7:30 and I brushed my teeth got changed and left at around 7:50 and got there at 8. It was raining that morning so we couldn't wait outside like we usually do before entering the school. So while waiting inside my teacher comes near our class and tells us that we are going to mass with our prayer partners. I didn't really mind my prayer partner Trent cause he was quit during mass and he wasn't really much of a hassle. After religion we immediately go to our next class which is English and usually Zac, Logan, and Danny would talk about the next episode of the Walking Dead which kills a good amount of time. This was the only teacher we had that my friends can talk to there, cause all of the other teachers hated us with a burning passion. They all wanted us to graduate and leave.


My friends couldn't wait to play football during recess because it was kinda the highlight of our day, but since it was wet outside our principal announced that we would have recess indoors which meant we were in the class room or the gym and somehow we were in the gym. We all got pretty excited about going to the gym since we could still play football in there but little did I know it would be the worst recess ever and the last time we ever played football at Incarnation. So after we prayed before going to lunch we grabbed the football and our teacher escorted us to the lunch room. We ate our food and I remember it was pancake day and I usually don't eat the sausage so I give it to my friend Danny. I usually take Logans crackers without him looking, but he never seemed to care cause he never asked were they went or who took them. So lunch was over and we went to the gym and we had our usual teams for football, and this was when all disaster had struck. So five minutes into recess we had the first of two casualties of the day so far. Jimmy slipped on the tile floor and chipped his tooth. So he was rushed to the nurse while we picked up a piece of his tooth, and not even five minutes later I was running to catch the ball and I made a tight cut little did I know the floor was that slippery and I feel straight onto my chin. I didn't know what happened to be honest it hurt a little but I didn't feel blood. Until I saw blood on the floor and all over my hands and shirt. So I was rushed to the nurse, and after that day football was banned forever. At the nurses office I was still bleeding pretty rapidly and her bandaids weren't doing a lot and my mom had to rush over and take me to the doctors office.


When I arrived at the doctors they told me I needed six stitches under my chin. I was scared for my life. I never had stitches or a major injury like this. When they put me on the chair I was scared that the needle would really hurt my skin and while they were putting them on I didn't really feel anything cause they numbed my chin. In a blink of an eye it was all done just like that, it went so quick that I didn't really pay attention of how long we were in there for. I thought stitches were kinda funny cause it looked like I had a small little goatee. It really stunk about the stitches was that I couldn't get them wet while showering, and for about four weeks showering wasn't so fun. When I went back to take them off that's when it hurt, they pulled the stitches through my chin and that was painful, very painful. To this day I still have the little scar on my chin, and I won't forget that day at Incarnation.