Fun in The Sun | Teen Ink

Fun in The Sun

By SamAubut BRONZE, Farmington, New Hampshire
SamAubut BRONZE, Farmington, New Hampshire

In the summer almost everyone goes camping. They go away to have fun, play games, and relax in the sun. I go camping with my family once a year for a week. This camp is in Maine on Papoose Pond, which is a private pond. This one time a year is when I get to see a small group of friends. These friends are who I live for. They are the people I have the most fun with and I am with them for only a week.

My first friend is Emma, she is tall and really pretty. She loves playing softball and she lives in Massachusetts. My second friend is Toni. Toni is short and loves to eat she is a lot of fun to hang out with. She is a really girly girl and we call her mom because she is a mother figure to our group. My last friend who is one of my closest is Stephen, or “My Angry Bird” because of his really thick eyebrows and all the faces he decides to make.

When I’m with my friends I have a lot of fun and I love it.  We hang out at dances, on the fields, and on the beach. We have so much fun with plenty of laughs! One of the activities we do as a group is we play what is called 6 o’clock softball. At this softball game we have our mother figure giving out water, gloves, and bats and the rest of us are on the field. They always laugh at me cause I am ridiculous and funny on the field. I play shortstop because that is usually where everyone avoids hitting the ball. One day playing about half way through the week I almost died playing. This was one of the funniest thing to our group. It happened liked this. A guy in his late twenties early thirties first time ever playing softball was up to bat. The pitcher underhanded the ball like he was pitching to a child. The man hit the ball and the ball came strait at my face. It was coming as fast as a lightning. My heart started racing and I froze for a split second. My hand without me thinking went up to block it just in time.

While at Papoose we have a lot of fun. The four of us are like the best of friends. I wouldn’t ask anyone else to be there with me or have those memories with. All of the sports and laughs are always welcomed with these three. Honestly couldn’t miss them more. They are so special to me and so are the fields, the dance hall, and the beach. Papoose Pond is where my friends are and where my heart lies.