Cocoa, Cheesecake, and Coffee | Teen Ink

Cocoa, Cheesecake, and Coffee

By RoryIsRad BRONZE, Culver City, California
RoryIsRad BRONZE, Culver City, California

I spun around in my chair, the warm air rushing past me and pushing my hair in all directions. When I finally settled, my friend Cheesecake laughed and looked at me fondly. Behind her Cocoa grinned and shook her head. The empty classroom, except for our teacher, was comfortably silent and cozy. In front of us were our desks on which our ancient monitors sat. Computers were set between us like cubicle walls. I had finally finished my monstrosity of a animation project. I played it again and again, revelling in the fact it was finally done. I contentedly watched as my friends, Cocoa and Cheesecake, finished their projects up. When I stopped leisurely replaying my animation I turned to them and suggested that we go to The Spot. They both nodded excitedly and stood from their child sized chairs. I saved up my work quickly, and we headed out the door. Mr Shortcake waved a pudgy hand us at as we left, not even looking up from his work.
    The walk to The Spot was short and sweet, full of evening air and laughter. I leaned against Cocoa as we walked, her cotton candy pink hoodie radiating warmth. We finally arrived at The Spot, a small local cafe. The Spot was a safe haven for me, somewhere I could go to relax and find comfort. The bell on the door twinkled as we entered. It was completely empty save for the workers who greeted as we entered. The air inside was warm and smelled like pastries. We sat at a small round table. I waited patiently for the others to make their orders at the counter before scrounging up what little money I had and ordering a small coffee. All of us huddled around the table, savoring our snacks. It was a cold fall night outside. I looked out the window in the front to see fairy lights strung across the entrance and falling leaves blown by the wind. It was a beautiful night.

This is a simple memory from a couple months ago that I'm paticulary fond of.