New Year's Resolution | Teen Ink

New Year's Resolution

By Fernando15 GOLD, Phoenix, Arizona
Fernando15 GOLD, Phoenix, Arizona

I wake up every morning and pick up my phone and check my social media before getting ready for school or the day. I always use my phone in the morning before brushing my teeth or putting on my outfit for the day. I finally get ready after I checking my social media put it down then get ready. After my busy day at school, I go home and use my phone instantly not doing my homework for the day until  the last minute. My new year resolution is not to be on my phone throughout the year.

What I will do first is try my best not to be on my phone to much.When using my phone I never put it down unless is dinner or when I’m taking a shower or when its charging.I never do anything else but use my phone throughout the day. So in order for me not to be on my phone and won’t  be worried if I have my phone or not. Without my phone I will do is talk to my friends or my family. Make plans with my friends to hang out or got the mall or watch a movie without my phone.Without my phone I can have face to face conversation with my friends and family. Go do my routine without checking my phone every morning or check my social media.

A improvement for me to not use phone to this new years is do something that I don’t normally do like go outside or workout. I can go outside and play with other kids or take a walk outside. Going outside can make me use my phone less time to time. Another improvement is workout. I can maintain a healthy lifestyle. I can workout for at least ten to fifteen minutes per day making me forgot about my phone. Also since I’m doing more activities outside of home I can able to socialize with other people like my friends and family. With my time without my phone can have a huge differences in my daily life since I no longer going be glued to my phone anymore. This New Year I hope I succeed this New Year resolution by not checking my phone at all or constantly using it twenty four hours a day. That is my New Year’s resolution and hope  to succeed in 2019.