Society | Teen Ink

Society

April 15, 2019
By aknoll PLATINUM, Conrath, Wisconsin
aknoll PLATINUM, Conrath, Wisconsin
43 articles 3 photos 1 comment

How many times a day do you look at yourself and think "I'm oto fat" or "I don't look right"? 

How many times a day do you pledge to yourslef your not going to eat sweets and you end up blowing it within hours?

How many time a day do you reapply makeup, or wish that you had some to make yourself look better?

And how many times a day do you see another girl go by and think "I wish I could look like her"?

Now being a teenage girl we all go through this at some point. So that girl you want to look like, she most likely wants to look like you. But thats not the point.

The point is, being a teenager is hard work. We're all trying to find ourselfs, decide what we are going to be in years to come, and start our futures. 

Teenage girls are not only stereotyped, but also think they must live up to these stereotypes. I know plenty of girls who stand on their own, but sadly I aslo know the bunch of them who think they must live by what society says. 

As teenagers (girls or boys) trying to find themselves, we think that they/we don't know what to do, so we should do what society says. Because those who tell us what to do have been around the block a few times, and know what to do.

But everyone is diffrent. And what society does is mold everyone to be like eachother.

What society does it put idea in our heads of what the world is supposed to be.

What society does is take away our individuality and turn us all into screen tapping, video game playing, texting, hunched back zombies.

Is that who you want to be? Or do you want to make your own furture? Do you want to live inside society or make your own society?

Tell me what you think in the comments, I'd love to hear if anyone else agrees with me.