I Have a Dream | Teen Ink

I Have a Dream

July 11, 2019
By XIUYUAN BRONZE, Suzhou, Other
XIUYUAN BRONZE, Suzhou, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I think all of us have a dream. For if anyone ever lives without a dream, his whole life would be meaningless. Just like others do, I too have a dream.

When I was a child in kindergarten, my dream was to be a hero. It was awe-inspiring to see cartoons or movies about heroes when I was very young. In particular, the movie Saving Private Ryan left a very big impression on me. This work tells about a soldier named James Ryan. His three brothers all died in World War II, leaving him the only son of his mother. As a result, the Allied headquarters decided to send him home. They dispatched the Lieutenant John Miller to find him. However, a lot of people lost their lives during this mission. In fact, in order to delay the enemy army, the lieutenant, himself, stayed behind to save a stranger’s life. Watching this movie, I was touched deeply by the lieutenant’s spirit. Few people would sacrifice their lives for others, not to mention those of the strangers. What he did really impressed me.

Nonetheless, when I was a bit older, I gradually realized the dream of becoming a hero was a little bit unrealistic. I just wanted to be a wealthy man and accomplish something that would allow me to be remembered by people in the world forever. At that time, I began to become more realistic. From then on, I started learning more knowledge to try and become a wiser and more practical person. However, that was tiring, difficult, and boring. I almost gave up. But I persisted and continued.

So caught up in studying hard, I ended up losing focus on everything else like my dream. Eventually, I realized and stopped to review what I really want. I suddenly realized that I did not like that kind of life of only studying. I want a life with no regrets. Renewing my focus on my dream, I want to be one of the top scientist in China. You might think that it is ridiculous, because it’s hard for an ordinary person to be a scientist. Despite the challenges, I will really insist on it and will never give up. I want to transform my great home country of China and make it replace America as the strongest country ever in the world. Thus, I embark on a new chapter of my life with much hope for this dream and a new understanding of the importance of having a goal and the motivation to carry it through to encourage myself to become a better person.