Roaming the mall | Teen Ink

Roaming the mall

September 27, 2019
By ladyweezz BRONZE, Sacramento, California
ladyweezz BRONZE, Sacramento, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Wasted time is worse than wasted money


  We’ve all made some mistakes right? well let me tell you about mine. A couple of years ago when I was in the 7th grade I had this friend Karla. We were always together one weekend we decided to go to the mall, but we didn’t have any money. So we decided to go and steal from some of the stores. The last store we went to was sears because that's the store we go out when we go home.


When we walked inside of sears and started looking around.


Karla said “Look at those 49er crop tops”


I asked  “Should we get them?”


“Yea we should“ Karla replied


So I grabbed us both a shirt and looked around for cameras and store workers.


“Come on karla” I said

 

“Where are we about do it at” karla asked me 


I told her “let’s go over here in this corner”


We walked to the corner and I stuck the shirts in her backpack. We were ready to go after that. As we were walking out some tall dudes grabbed us.

 

When he grabbed me I asked “how tall are you?”


He said “like 6”5”


They took us to a room where a lady showed us the recording of us stealing.


The lady asked us “can you guys call your parents?”.


“Yeah” me and karla said 


I continued to type the wrong number in. Until the lady told us that we were going to have to spend the night in the hall.

 

I thought to myself, “This can’t be real”


So I called my cousin and the store manager talked to her. My cousin was highly upset. When she came to pick me up she was yelling at me mostly the whole way home . 


After that experience I won’t say I never stole again but, I definitely learned my lesson. My cousin told me I disappointed her. I never wanted to her that again...


The author's comments:

After this I moved for some years and I don't hang out with my friend anymore.