My friendship | Teen Ink

My friendship

May 27, 2021
By taehyeon SILVER, Tirana, Other
taehyeon SILVER, Tirana, Other
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

   There is my best friend in Korea. We did all of things together. He was funny, he was my game partner, and he was my best friend. I can learn about friendship, and I can change my mind about friendship on this occasion. I thought friendship couldn’t exist around the world, but I realized it can. I thought we were going to be friends forever. There never was a thought of not being friends with him. The future did not exist to me without him at that age. 
But one year ago, I left Korea to study. Our distance is so far, and the time zone is different, so we gradually lost contact. So, I thought we are not friend now. I missed all my friends. I realized two things. First, friendship is important in my life. If I am alone, it may be difficult to relieve your stress because no one sympathizes with or talks to you. So, friend and friends are important in your life or if you are alone, you can also experience difficulties talking to others. Second thing is you cannot keep up friendship if you live in different countries. I can’t keep the true friendship if there is distance between you. 
   A few days ago, he called me. When he called me, I was in a bad condition and I thought I lost our friendship. So, I was annoyed with him. But he apologized to me and he said 
“I missed you. I wanted to call you, but it was difficult to contact you because of the time difference.” I agreed to that. “I have some funny story from school.” he continued. 
   I heard that and my condition started getting better. I changed my mind. Friendship is around the world, and I must believe and wait for my friends, as they have their life.  
   I learned how important friendship is and friends are important in my life and in this occasion, I learned about why friendship is important. Friends don’t leave me alone and if you are stressed out of something, you can relieve the stress in the process of telling a friend and he/she will be understanding about your stress. This case helped me to change my mind.