what my name means | Teen Ink

what my name means

October 1, 2021
By corinna_lang1 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
corinna_lang1 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My name by corinna langenohl

My name in English means girl, maiden. My name did not come from any relatives, my name came from my mom and my mom's best friend combined. My mom had the name Corinn and I'm glad she didn't go with that because I like the name I have now better. When she told that to her best friend, her best friend had said “oh i think you should name her corinna” and my mom liked that better so that's what she went with. 


I don’t have a lot of nicknames, only three people have given me a nickname, my neighbor calls me cor and my friend's mom calls me corinna binna. My friends have never really called me anything other than Corinna or other names. When I was younger my parents only called me Corinna; they didn’t have a nickname for me. 


I used to want a different name, not because I thought my name was bad but because I thought Grace and Jordan were the best names ever. Everytime I would get a game on my phone I would make my name Jordan and sometimes when people would ask me what my name was I would say Grace. I'm not sure why I liked them so much, I had a neighbor named Jordan and it was just the name I picked and it went with my characters so I kept it. 


My last name is kind of long and kind of hard to pronounce to some people, and it's my last name so I should know how to pronounce it. I am so used to people not saying it right, my last name is langenohl. Some people at my old school always teased me not in a mean way but they would say “Langenoddle”. It never bothered me but I am used to people getting my last wrong that it doesn’t faze me anymore. I don't know a lot of people with my name which I like because it's not really common. 


The author's comments:

i am a fun person