Comparison | Teen Ink

Comparison

October 26, 2021
By Anonymous

I always feel like people were lucky compared to me, looking at everyone else, they were always so happy. Especially when I look at my friends, everyone on the outside looks like nothing could be better, but we as humans know that this is never what actually happens. My friend told me, “We fake brave and nonchalant because it masks the sadness and hurt and bad emotions, but really, it's because we want to make the most of our day before returning to chaos at home. School is our escape”. Everyone has a different way of dealing with different emotions, and we see that there are some things that we can do to help steer us away from the situation for a while, whether that’s school, or just hanging out with friends only to drive us away from the path for a little bit. We need to make a change, as hard as loss is, there is always a way to overcome it. It’s fine if we let out a little emotion, it’s just we need to know how to contain it in certain situations and times. 


The author's comments:

Another day to write, but I don’t want to say about what, because of particular and personal reasons, but I’m trying to look at other people in different ways. I’m trying my best, since of what I am going through, please don’t ask, and it’s surprising to me that I’m able to write this down on how do I say it? … District supervised documents.