Who are you? | Teen Ink

Who are you?

December 7, 2021
By Anonymous

There's one thing everyone is willing to give up to become better in life richer feeling the power from within. Unfortunately, no life can always go perfect sometimes it hurts, hurts so bad that you can feel that hurt deep in your stomach like a punch to the gut but you punched yourself you make choices to live a better fuller life and when you can do that you give up you become obsessive and you take control of the only things you have left in your sad desperate life or so you think you’re really just spiraling deeper into that place in the back of your mind were your thoughts overtake you cause every decision you make could be the one that pushes you over the edge that kills you turns you into that dead lifeless corpse of what you used to be and everyone will tell you “Oh you used to be so funny and smile so much, you used to laugh and smile and you would work so hard” and that tears your heart out cause you know what you used to be who you used to be but your not them anymore only a whisper of who you were. I mean, come on, really, without that loveable person you used to be. Who are you?


The author's comments:

This is a short story I wrote about my personal experiences with depression and giving up on myself.