Early Morning Thoughts | Teen Ink

Early Morning Thoughts

By 2driscoll BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
2driscoll BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

My occasional morning can consist of many things. It usually consists of the same menial drive to school and the same thoughts flowing through my muddled head. The first thing I see in the morning is the low golden dim of the light under my door. Annoyance sets in as I begin to understand that this day isn’t mine to enjoy. My tired eyes sting red with the previous night's unrest of negative thoughts. As it's time to leave I walk out into the cold and crisp air of Wisconsin. It really is a slap in the face every time and it doesn’t get any better. It's still dark out when I get on to my bus. I hear a screech of the tires and as I walk up the steps of the bus I greet the Bus driver with a kind “Morning”. She greets me as well. I see a few tired heads trying to milk a few more minutes of sleep before the day beings. I sit on the bus and look out the window and see all the other people and I think to myself how everyone has places to be. I think to myself what do I want to do. The cold and blue road eventually meets to a contrast in the dark. A rough red building. School was there to be experienced, even if I didn’t like waking up. I could hope to achieve what those people outside of the bus did every day.