What my future means to me | Teen Ink

What my future means to me

By ckescenovitz BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
ckescenovitz BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

I’ve always had the desire to join a profession where I could help people in need. I thought the only way to do that was to become some hotshot surgeon until I had a powerful experience with the EMS service. Someone really important to me overdosed on drugs right in front of me and the only thing going through my brain was - I don’t know how to help him - but the way the paramedics jumped in and handled the whole situation like it was just another day was a huge moment for me. The EMS members were able to help with every aspect of the situation and after that day, I knew I wanted to be a paramedic because I could help people more than just physically. Right now I’m already taking the first steps towards becoming a paramedic; I’m taking EMT courses at Arrowhead. After I pass this course I want to be able to take a little time off from school to work as an EMT before going to get my paramedic license but for now I’m just happy that I was able to find a career like this… one that I can really make a difference in.