When I Broke My Arm | Teen Ink

When I Broke My Arm

By BrahimSejdiu SILVER, Tirana, Other
BrahimSejdiu SILVER, Tirana, Other

“Tktktktktk,” as my footsteps approached the dressing rooms in the infamous Camp Nou Stadium, all I could see is pure beauty; wherever I turned my head, the walls would be colored in gorgeous red and yellow, with Messi's head on them. Three exact minutes passed, and I had just got done changing and all I could hear after walking out into the pitch was the crowd cheering our team's name, and my cleats rubbing against the bright green smooth natural grass. “Beeeeeppppp!” The game has begun. 

As my metal cleats were stepping on the grass and running for the ball that 21 people were chasing, my heart started racing, and so did my adrenaline. But the time came, my teammate got the ball in possession and passed it to my right foot which had been covered by the natural moistened grass. “POW!” I had a perfect touch on the ball, and immediately started to chase towards the goal. I was gliding through the grass with possession of the ball and two defenders right in front protecting their goal. Milliseconds passed by and just as I am about to take my right foot off the ground and pound the ball to the net...” BOOM” a defender slide tackles me, and I fall to the ground.  

“Aaaaaaa,” I was screaming in pain, it was almost as a cobra had bitten my left elbow! I could almost feel the poison running through my vein's! Moments passed and I started to hear a sound, just then I saw the ambulance racing to the field. I was then carried out and shoved in the ambulance still screaming, immediately the first vibe I got was trouble. My whole body was shivering and fearing about what the doctor would say about my condition, but more importantly I wouldn‘t stop screaming! they immediately gave me pain killers and the pain started going away like magic. But today or tomorrow the news had to be heard, my heart was beating out of my chest, as the doctor was approaching me and my mom who wouldn‘t leave me for one second.   
I wasn't the only one who was sad thoe, my mom's eyes were about to start watering. “You're gonna get over this shpirti mamit” was the first thing that came out of her mouth. I felt joyful listening to that, but now it didn't matter because it was time to put the cast on. “Alright you ready 3, 2, 1,” there was complete silence, and it didn't really hurt, the only bad thing was I now only had one arm!  

The time has come five months have passed and I am ready to remove the cast, my footsteps approach the doctor with relief, little did i know what i was about to experiment. ” Alright you ready?”” Yes.” I reply.  “Here we go in 3, 2, 1,” after the doctor said one, i could quickly feel that cast disappearing and my arm felt like it was lit on a 500 degree fire! ”AAAAA” I wouldn't stop screaming for seconds! The doctor hurried as quickly as possible and successfully removed the cast leaving me with a weak left arm. Surprisingly I felt relief, the pain was just gone. And I finally had a left arm again. But also, in those moments my biggest impact was on how grateful you should be in life, and from that day in I lived today like it was the last day.